The owner of a new San Luis Obispo tapas restaurant — whose downtown bowling alley and entertainment center project fell through last year amid controversy — has temporarily shut down the eatery after just five months.
The seafood restaurant Branzino, inspired by Spanish and Californian cuisines, closed Aug. 2, pending a potential sale or recapitalization of the business, owner Jeremy Pemberton said.
“We’re in limbo right now,” Pemberton said. “I’ll know more on Monday.“
Pemberton said he’s meeting with potential buyers, but he acknowledged no agreements have been reached yet.
Get full access to The Tribune content across all your devices.
A recapitalization, the restructuring of the business’ financial makeup, could allow Pemberton to keep it under his ownership, he said.
Branzino opened in March at 1122 Chorro St. in the commercial space formerly occupied by Pluto’s restaurant, which closed in December 2017.
Article Written by Nick Wilson of TheTribune https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/business/article233686297.html
Photo Courtesy of The Tribune